Privacy and Cookies Policy
01. INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU AND HOW WE USE IT
In order for you to create an account and join the Vemagnet.com community and use our Services, we need to collect and process certain information. Depending on your use of the Services that may include:
- Your email address associated with your Vemagnet account.
This is not displayed publicly on Vemagnet.com. We use this information for the following purposes:
– to manage and communicate with you about your access to, or use of, Vemagnet.com, as well as to inform you of updates to your account;
– if you choose to support a campaign, we provide your e-mail address to the creator of the campaign (‘Campaign Owner’) once the campaign you have supported is successful to enable you to have direct discussions with him/her about the campaign;
– to send you e-alerts when there is activity on a campaign that you have created, are supporting or are watching;
– to send you newsletters from time to time containing news regarding activity and content on Vemagnet.com, unless you indicate that you do not wish to receive these emails.
– to ask you about your Vemagnet.com successes (e.g. if you successfully completed a Campaign). Any responses to such requests will be purely on a voluntary basis;
– reply to any correspondence you send to us, and for any other reasonable purposes related to Vemagnet.com or your membership.
- Your name.
This is displayed publicly on the Vemagnet.com unless you choose to give a pledge anonymously when you support a Campaign. If the campaign you choose to support is successful in reaching its target funding within the target timescale, then, your name (as shown on your bank account) is given to the Campaign Owner by our payment processor, Stripe, when your funds are taken from your account. Creators never receive Supporters’ credit card details or other payment information.
- Your address.
Your address will not be disclosed to the public, except in the circumstances noted in the first paragraph below. We use your address:
– if you are a Campaign Owner, to identify the location where your Campaign is taking place, in order for Members to search for Campaigns near their place; and
– to provide you with information (including content and campaigns) that you might find interesting based on your location, (e.g. campaigns local to you).
– If you have pledged on a reward which requires an address your address will be given to the Campaign Owner when the Campaign is successful for use during reward fulfillment.
- Details of any requests or transactions you make through our Services to payment providers.
- Communications you send to us.
This will never be publicly displayed. For example, when you ask for support, send us questions or report a problem, we may use this information to improve, promote and protect our Services.
- Your ID.
If you are a Campaign Owner or a Supporter, to identify your personal information and ensure that you are older than 18 years old. We do not store any such personal information and we reserve the right to use this data to send to a third party provider to verify your personal details. These details are not publically accessible.
- Any personal information you choose to include in your ‘My Profile’ page (e.g. your profile photo).
We use this information:
– to populate your profile. Your photo is viewable by other users, where for example, you choose to support a Campaign unless you choose to give a pledge anonymously. No other information in your profile is made publicly available by us; and
– to facilitate interaction between Members.
- Authentication providers:
– When you become a member we collect your phone number, date of birth, gender, address, first name and last name. We reserve the right to use this data to send to a third party provider to verify your personal details. These details are not publically accessible.
– As a campaign owner, we collect your company name, incorporation date, registration number, business’ address and sector. We reserve the right to use this data to send to a third party provider to verify your personal details.
If you post information during use of Vemagnet.com or any other personal information you choose to disclose during your use of Vemagnet.com, examples including when you update your profile, make a comment, upload a photo, share a link, create a Campaign, send someone a message or otherwise engage in the Vemagnet.com community, this information is viewable by other users. We use this information to:
– enable you to engage more fully with the Vemagnet.com community;
– enable other members to search for you and communicate with you; and
– enable other members to provide you with feedback.
02. HOW WE SHARE THIS INFORMATION
We share your personal information with selected third parties for the purpose of managing and administering the accounts and services provided to you through Vemagnet.com. We do not sell or rent your personal information. We may, however, disclose information about you to the following, for the express purposes set out below:
- When you create an account with Vemagnet.com:
– we create a basic profile page for you containing your account name, the date the account was created, and a list of projects you created or have supported. The information on your profile is accessible by:
– our employees and agents in order for them to administer any accounts or services provided to you through Vemagnet.com e.g. the sending of e-alerts on our behalf.
– other Vemagnet users that view your account name when it appears on the Vemagnet (for example when you post comments, send messages, or support Campaigns). As a member, you are publicly identified to other members of Vemagnet.com by your full name
- When you post content on our website:
– we may display some information that is publicly available on Vemagnet.com, on third party websites that are closely connected to the Vemagnet.com project and wish to embed Vemagnet.com activity. So, by way of example, user-generated content such as titles of users’ posts on Vemagnet.com groups would be displayed on such third-party sites with a link back to Vemagnet.com. To the extent that full names or personal information are included in that user-generated content on Vemagnet.com, it may be displayed on such third-party sites. So for example, if a listing included a full name or a member’s photo, that information may also be displayed on the third party website. Just to be clear, this information will be embedded on any such third party website as a link. We will not hand over that information to the third party website;
– we may display some information that is publicly available on Vemagnet.com in the regular newsletters that are emailed to all registered members on the Vemagnet.com mailing list.
- Information that we share with trusted third-party services:
–we may share your information with certain trusted third-party services to help us provide, improve, promote, or protect Vemagnet’s Services (like when we partner with payment processors). When we share data with third-party services that support our delivery of the Vemagnet Services, we require that they use your information only for the purposes we’ve authorized and that they protect your personal information at least to the same standards we do.
- Changes in Business Ownership and Control:
- Legal requests:
-apart from the use and sharing of your personal information in the limited circumstances already described, we also reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe that doing so is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law or valid legal process, to prevent fraud or abuse, or to protect Vemagnet’s legal rights. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
03. NEWSLETTER E-MAILS
As it has already been mentioned we might use your e-mail in order to send you from time to time newsletters containing news regarding activity and content on our Website or any other service-related information announcement we think you might be interested at. Although we try to keep e-mails to a minimum, you have the right to opt out of any marketing communications and ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. If you wish to stop receiving these newsletters, you can do so at any time, by clicking the unsubscribe link that is included in any such e-mail.
04. SHARING OF INFORMATION BETWEEN VEMAGNET MEMBERS
You should avoid sharing any personal information including contact information with any other Vemagnet.com members. If you intend to share any such information, please exercise the same level of caution as you would dealing with a stranger. Never give any personal information to anyone until you are confident that it is safe to do so. You should in any event only reveal such personal information via secure communications that cannot be viewed by other people. You must treat any personal information that you receive from other Vemagnet.com members as private, confidential and use it only for the purposes for which the member provides it to you unless that member indicates to you otherwise.
Unless you have selected the anonymous donation option, we publish the name of each Supporter on the Campaign Profile Page and we share these details and each Supporter’s full name, email address, telephone number and postal address with the applicable Campaign Owner for them to fulfill your Reward and to contact you in relation to the Project.
For some Rewards, a Campaign Owner may need further information from Supporters, (e.g. clothing sizes), to enable the Campaign Creator to deliver certain Rewards. The Campaign Owner shall request such information directly from a Supporter after the end of the Fundraising Period for the relevant successful Campaign.
05. AGGREGATED INFORMATION
We may share non-personal aggregated statistics data about visitors to Vemagnet.com and traffic patterns with third parties. Such information does not identify users in any personal capacity; it just gives generalized information about the users of Vemagnet.com.
06. COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
We use data from Google’s Interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics for marketing purposes.
07. LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
08. HOW DO WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
As required by the UK Data Protection laws, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given to us, to prevent unauthorized access. In particular, we use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) to encrypt your password. SSL encrypts the information you provide as it travels through the Internet. Encryption creates billions of code combinations to protect each transaction made on the website, so your password or information cannot be viewed by anyone else using the internet. Despite using this technology, we cannot guarantee the security of the information that you disclose to us. The Company makes every effort to put in place suitable precautions to safeguard the security and privacy of personal data and to prevent it from being altered, corrupted, destroyed or accessed by unauthorized third parties. However, the Company does not control each and every risk related to the use of the Internet and therefore warns the Site users of the potential risks involved in the functioning and use of the Internet. You accept the inherent risks of providing information and dealing on-line and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless this is due to our negligence or willful default.
09. RIGHT TO ACCESS AND EDIT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND TO OBTAIN COPIES
Members can access and edit the information provided in their Profile. They cannot edit any comments they make on Vemagnet.com. To modify or delete the personal information you’ve provided to us, please log in and update your profile. We may retain certain information as required by law or for necessary business purposes.
Under the Data Protection Act, you have the right to see the personal information that we hold about you, whether collected through your use of Vemagnet.com or through any communications that you have had with us. You will need to provide us with a written request and pay a small administrative fee. If you have any queries about your right or wish to make such a request please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE EEA
11. CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
12. CONTACT DETAILS
If you have any queries or concerns about the present Policy or the security of your personal information, please contact us via email at email@example.com.
Registration No. 11016412
DA2 6QD, London, United Kingdom